Mass Murder Media

My aim for this project was to experiment with overlapping sound, in order to create tension. My main focus was to use the news as a way to present a disastrous event. This is meant to mimic the way people process stories, how the mass told current events.



First of all, I really liked using GarageBand. I think it is a really interesting and diverse platform to showcase new art. There are so many tools that can be utilized to create beautiful sounds, that tell a story and transform into a melodic image. I would love to explore GarageBand further as there are many options that I didn't use but would love to experiment with. Equally, SoundCloud was a good website that showcased the work well.

I think the layers and the merging of news sound clips about the London Bridge Terror Attack, enabled the listener to visualize the events clearly. I like this different type of narrative. I think it also showcases how words can change the visual of a story, and therefore how the way the news interprets stories will change the visualization for the listener.

Comments

  1. Wow. This was very well executed. The way you exacerbated certain sound peaks and utilized the metronome to instill a sense of panic and terror was very unsettling, which I believe was your goal. The sound clip was emotionally provoking, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts